The COVID-19 has been changing our whole lifestyle. Many people around the world lost their job, business and so on. From the pandemic time period, we used to stay online before that.
Many organizations have conducted their operation via the internet. Employees are getting used to working from home. Now many companies and organizations are conducting virtual job interviews over the internet (Zoom, Skype).
Candidates have the challenges to perform better on the virtual interview. Basically now you need to prepare yourself for the extra skills with navigating all necessary apps, software effectively.
However, Harvard Business Review recently published an article on virtual job interviews – where around 80% of job candidates got distracted, failed engagement with recruiters. Additionally, they provided some tips from experts – which are really helpful for your next virtual interview.
Now coming to the point of a physical job interview, you need to practice with demonstrations and learn how to be positive and confident during the interview period.
Read: Job Seeker Affirmations
How to Be Positive & Confident Before an Interview?
Positive thoughts are the best way to be positive before an interview. You may have anxiety or nervousness during the interviewing season. It’s quite normal for every job interviewee. Lots of thoughts either positive or negative roaming in the brain – that’s why you get puzzled.
So what things do you want to stay positive and be confident about before an interview? Let’s share some insights with you – to help you a lot to calm and relax during your job interview.
- Eat healthily.
- Daily exercise.
- Enough sleep.
- Get well dressed.
- Research the organization.
- Daily job affirmations.
Benefits of Job Interview Affirmations
Practicing daily affirmations can change or replace your current views of your life. While you repeat positive statements daily, your subconscious mind receives that positive vibes and creates a new perspective of your life.
However, there are lots of benefits of job interview affirmations. It can create self-confidence, self-worth and self-esteem within you.
- Motivate Yourself: Sometimes maybe you are tried for attending interviews to get a job, but not getting at all. You may be frustrated. In this circumstance, job affirmation and job interview affirmations can help you to motivate and keep moving forward in your career path.
- Positive Change Within You: By daily job interview affirming, change your mental state into a positive state of mind. Which is most important for performing well in the interview session.
- Focus on Your Goal: Right now, your only goal is – to perform better during the interviewing period. You need to be prepared for giving your best performance in the next job interview, right? Affirmations can help to focus on your current goal.
- Boosting your Self-confidence: The main benefit is – job interview affirmation can help to boost your self-confidence so that you can deliver and show your best communication skill to interviewers.
- Increase Your Stress Management Skill: During the job interviewing time, you may feel stress by thinking lots of negative thoughts. Your whole body and mental behavior break down by that time. This job interview affirmation helps you a lot to increase your ability to manage your stress and nervous breakdown.
How to Write Job Interview Affirmations for Yourself
I think you have already known about the positive impacts of affirmations. Now it’s time for preparing some affirmations – that you can repeat yourself before the job interview, right?
Here I am breaking down a short guide that you can write your affirmations for a job interview.
- Write a list of your negative feelings about the job interview. Which things are most fearful and terrible at that point.
- Figure out which things you want to reprogram in your mental and physical behaviors. Your strong mental attitude can help to perform better in job interviews.
- Make clear your dream job and dream interview on that. Which job environment you want to get in – just make it crystal clear.
- Write down some true statements about job and job interviews. Write with “I AM” statements short and simple.
- Try to write your job affirmations in the present tense and use positive with powerful words. Feel that statements are true and happening in your life right now.
Best Job Interview Affirmations
1# Job interview is easy for me.
2# I always smile and speak clearly.
3# I always give a great first impression.
4# I am a great candidate for this job.
5# I am perfectly qualified for this job.
6# I am prepared and ready for this interview.
7# I am perfectly prepared for this job interview.
8# I can deal with anything because I am a strong-minded person.
9# I am a great worker who deserves to get a great job.
10# I can answer any interview question with confidence and ease.
Positive Job Interview Affirmations
11# I am a charming person.
12# I am the best at what I do.
13# I speak with confidence.
14# I am able to stay completely relaxed.
15# I stay relaxed while in my job interview.
16# I have excellent communication skills.
17# I stay calm, positive and confident in every situation.
18# People respect me when I am in a job interview.
19# I can deal with anything because I am a strong-minded person.
20# When I am in a job interview people enjoy talking to me because I am a polite person.
Powerful Job Interview Affirmations
21# I have excellent communication skills.
22# I am confident in my skills and experience.
23# I have a lot to contribute.
24# I am eager to start this new job.
25# I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
26# I enjoy being the center of attention.
27# I strongly believe in my abilities.
28# I believe that I deserve this job.
29# I find it easy to be interviewed for a job.
30# I can do anything I can to get the job because I am the best.
Job Interview Success Mantra
31# I am successful in my interviews.
32# I love job interviews, they are fun.
33# I am a great candidate for this job.
34# I impress interviewers, I stand out above the rest.
35# I am able to express myself in a clear calm manner.
36# I am smart, confident, and prepared. I have everything I need to succeed.
37# This interview is a wonderful opportunity, but not the only opportunity I’ll have ever.
38# I am capable of answering questions thoughtfully.
39# My answers will be thoughtful, meaningful, and interesting because I am intelligent and well-spoken.
40# I have the courage to seize the opportunity and massively succeed!
Job Interview Affirmations for Self-confidence
41# I am grateful for a successful job interview.
42# I can relax knowing there are always more jobs available.
43# Anxiety solves no problems – actions do.
44# I am calm and confident; job interviews are easy.
45# I love job interviews, and my energy is contagious.
46# I am an excellent candidate, and I exude capability.
47# I am perfect for this position; I am their ideal candidate.
48# I am creating my career path. It will be a bumpy, but worthwhile journey.
49# An amazing job opportunity is on its way to me today.
50# I am the right person for the job and I will get this job!
51# People find me interesting. My confidence grows stronger every day.
52# The universe is looking out for me, and it will protect me no matter what happens.
Your Turn – Be Confident at Job Interview
During a job interview, you need to be positive and self-confident. One thing you need to focus – trying to impress your hiring manager from your best. Job affirmations will help you to be positive and confident.
So I think this article will helpful for you. Best of luck with your next job interview.